[Solved] Custom RockOn in a Development environment

In an effort to update the Emby RockOn with a new feature offered by the ‘recent’ update of Emby server, I am trying to see if I can figure out how to add support to several docker run flags, starting here with the --device flag.

Thanks to the docs and some additional work, I could build a rockstor development environment in which I could start the RockOn service. In short, I had to remove the existing docker engine 1.13 and replace it manually with the latest docker CE 1.18.

I do have a problem, however, in that even prior to applying my backend and frontend changes, I do not seem able to install custom Rockons. Indeed, after loading a Rockon in the /opt/rockstor/rockons-metastore folder, I cannot see it in the list of available Rockons (even after updating the list from the webUI).
Given that I do not see any error in the logs, and that I know the JSON file to be working (this one), I am at loss to explain what is happening here… Would anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks!

Nevermind, I just realized I wasn’t looking at the right place.
In case it’s helpful, I realized paths of interest differ in a development environment, and found that the rockons-metastore directory should be placed in the build dir:

I placed my custom json there and it was recognized. Now I simply need to figure out how to make my changes work.

1 Like