[SOLVED] Emby rockon fails

Hi.
How are you all.
I’m having trouble with reinstalling my Emby rockon if i may request some help.

i want to reinstall it, so i uninstalled it and now it fails on an install.
I have removed the config share and even called it a new sharename.
below is a log tail after an install attempt.

Thanks Heaps

[30/Aug/2016 01:54:03] DEBUG [storageadmin.views.rockon_helpers:70] Attempted to remove a container(embyserver). out: [’’] err: [‘Error response from daemon: no such id: embyserver’, ‘Error: failed to remove containers: [embyserver]’, ‘’] rc: 1.
[30/Aug/2016 01:54:06] DEBUG [storageadmin.views.rockon:84] Rockon(EmbyServer) is in pending state
[30/Aug/2016 01:54:07] DEBUG [storageadmin.views.rockon:84] Rockon(EmbyServer) is in pending state
[30/Aug/2016 01:54:11] DEBUG [storageadmin.views.rockon_helpers:127] exception while installing the Rockon(16)
[30/Aug/2016 01:54:11] ERROR [storageadmin.views.rockon_helpers:128] Error running a command. cmd = [’/usr/bin/docker’, ‘run’, ‘daemon’, ‘–restart=unless-stopped’, ‘–name’, ‘embyserver’, ‘-v’, ‘/mnt2/config_media:/config’, ‘-v’, ‘/mnt2/movies:/media’, ‘-v’, ‘/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro’, ‘-p’, ‘8096:8096/tcp’, ‘–net=host’, ‘-e’, ‘APP_GID=1000’, ‘-e’, ‘APP_UID=1000’, ‘emby/embyserver’]. rc = 1. stdout = [’’]. stderr = [“Unable to find image ‘daemon:latest’ locally”, ‘Pulling repository docker.io/library/daemon’, ‘Error: image library/daemon:latest not found’, ‘’]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon_helpers.py”, line 125, in install
globals().get(’%s_install’ % rockon.name.lower(), generic_install)(rockon)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon_helpers.py”, line 216, in generic_install
run_command(cmd)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py”, line 104, in run_command
raise CommandException(cmd, out, err, rc)
CommandException: Error running a command. cmd = [’/usr/bin/docker’, ‘run’, ‘daemon’, ‘–restart=unless-stopped’, ‘–name’, ‘embyserver’, ‘-v’, ‘/mnt2/config_media:/config’, ‘-v’, ‘/mnt2/movies:/media’, ‘-v’, ‘/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro’, ‘-p’, ‘8096:8096/tcp’, ‘–net=host’, ‘-e’, ‘APP_GID=1000’, ‘-e’, ‘APP_UID=1000’, ‘emby/embyserver’]. rc = 1. stdout = [’’]. stderr = [“Unable to find image ‘daemon:latest’ locally”, ‘Pulling repository docker.io/library/daemon’, ‘Error: image library/daemon:latest not found’, ‘’]

@Peter.v Welcome to the Rockstor community.

I’m pretty sure that you have been bitten by a recent regression in the testing channel updates in the Rock-on subsystem which is trivial to fix but as of yet remains broken. We do have a pending pull request to sort it but this will require another release which is a non trivial undertaking.

For a fix you can easily apply yourself please see the following thread / post:

Hope that helps and sorry for the inconvinience, but this kind of breakage is inevitable in the testing channel updates but there is effort to try and avoid it as much as possible. This one just managed to squeeze its way in during a particularly busy time for the main developers.

Thanks @phillxnet
That little instruction fix worked for me :smile:
I obviously missed that post when looking on the board last night, but it was quite late my time :slight_smile:

Thanks Heaps

1 Like