[Solved] Unable to install Plex Rock-On

Hi,

at the moment I’ve trouble to install the Plex Rock-On.
Had the issue with an old installation. The issue remains after a clean install of Rockstor.

Here are the logs:
[23/Aug/2016 11:16:52] DEBUG [storageadmin.views.rockon_helpers:70] Attempted to remove a container(plex-linuxserver.io). out: [’’] err: [‘Error response from daemon: no such id: plex-linuxserver.io’, ‘Error: failed to remove containers: [plex-linuxserver.io]’, ‘’] rc: 1.
[23/Aug/2016 11:16:53] DEBUG [storageadmin.views.rockon:84] Rockon(Plex) is in pending state
[23/Aug/2016 11:16:53] DEBUG [storageadmin.views.rockon:84] Rockon(Plex) is in pending state
[23/Aug/2016 11:16:54] DEBUG [storageadmin.views.rockon_helpers:127] exception while installing the Rockon(22)
[23/Aug/2016 11:16:54] ERROR [storageadmin.views.rockon_helpers:128] Error running a command. cmd = [’/usr/bin/docker’, ‘run’, ‘daemon’, ‘–restart=unless-stopped’, ‘–name’, ‘plex-linuxserver.io’, ‘-v’, ‘/mnt2/plexconf:/config’, ‘-v’, ‘/mnt2/daten:/data’, ‘-v’, ‘/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro’, ‘-p’, ‘32400:32400/tcp’, ‘-p’, ‘32400:32400/udp’, ‘–net=host’, ‘-e’, ‘PUID=Mark’, ‘-e’, ‘VERSION=latest’, ‘-e’, ‘PGID=Mark’, ‘linuxserver/plex’]. rc = 1. stdout = [’’]. stderr = [“Unable to find image ‘daemon:latest’ locally”, ‘Pulling repository docker.io/library/daemon’, ‘Error: image library/daemon:latest not found’, ‘’]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon_helpers.py”, line 125, in install
globals().get(’%s_install’ % rockon.name.lower(), generic_install)(rockon)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon_helpers.py”, line 216, in generic_install
run_command(cmd)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py”, line 104, in run_command
raise CommandException(cmd, out, err, rc)
CommandException: Error running a command. cmd = [’/usr/bin/docker’, ‘run’, ‘daemon’, ‘–restart=unless-stopped’, ‘–name’, ‘plex-linuxserver.io’, ‘-v’, ‘/mnt2/plexconf:/config’, ‘-v’, ‘/mnt2/daten:/data’, ‘-v’, ‘/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro’, ‘-p’, ‘32400:32400/tcp’, ‘-p’, ‘32400:32400/udp’, ‘–net=host’, ‘-e’, ‘PUID=Mark’, ‘-e’, ‘VERSION=latest’, ‘-e’, ‘PGID=Mark’, ‘linuxserver/plex’]. rc = 1. stdout = [’’]. stderr = [“Unable to find image ‘daemon:latest’ locally”, ‘Pulling repository docker.io/library/daemon’, ‘Error: image library/daemon:latest not found’, ‘’]

I’ve already checked the docs for this Rock-on…
Have a Config share (20GB 775 permission to the group “Mark” (with user “Mark”)).
And my Data share (>6TB, same permissions).

When I search for the repo library/deamon I can’t find anything. I think this might be the issue?!

Thanks in advance.

@Mark93 From a quick look I would say you are suffering from a recent patch that has itself now been patched in our testing channel updates:

This fixes the most recent hickup from a patch that was applied and released in the most recent testing channel updates.

You could make the changes indicated in the fix displayed in the following:
https://github.com/rockstor/rockstor-core/pull/1423/commits/a25ae2904e2172953e3367d71add63a285819956
ie change
’daemon’ back to ‘-d’.

Your installed version of this file should be located in

/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon_helpers.py

The nano editor is pre-installed.

Once that change is made and the machine rebooted, or the rockstor-service re-started:

systemctl restart rockstor

You should hopefully be up and running again.

Hope that helps.,

Alternatively you can perform yum downgrade rockstor to roll back to the previous release. Sorry about that :wink:.

Thanks! This worked for me :wink:

@Mark93 Great, glad your sorted. Which option did you take in the end, that way others with the same problem finding this thread can take the trodden path as it were?

I just edited /opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon_helpers.py on line 43 from ‘daemon’ back to ‘-d’ as you suggested.
Restarting the Rockstor-service with systemctl restart rockstor was enough :wink:

1 Like

Thanks chaning this file worked for me also. Restart of rockons service from WebUI did not work but command from ssh did.

Thanks, this worked for me also… :slight_smile:

@Mark93 I followed those same directions and it worked for me.

@phillxnet I’m running the most current version of RS testing and still have this error. I don’t know if the patch has already been rolled out or not, but it wasn’t applied on my system.

Thanks guys!

@Learning2NAS Cheers, yes that patch is still pending and should go in with the next set of updates. Glad the edit worked for you.