Teamspeak Rock-on Dead?

My gaming group has been using TS3 with my server. About once a month, someone would update the client and that would cause them to be unable to connect to the older server that was running via the Rock-On.

I decided this morning, while my kids were asleep, that I’d try to update the server by reinstalling the rock-on. I don’t think that would actually do it, but I figured it was pretty safe. But the rock on will not install, I get the following in the logs:

[08/Oct/2018 07:50:37] ERROR [storageadmin.views.rockon_helpers:127] Error running a command. cmd = /usr/bin/docker pull linuxserver/gsm-ts3. rc = 1. stdout = [‘Using default tag: latest’, ‘’]. stderr = [“Error response from daemon: pull access denied for linuxserver/gsm-ts3, repository does not exist or may require ‘docker login’”, ‘’]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon_helpers.py”, line 124, in install
generic_install)(rockon)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon_helpers.py”, line 229, in generic_install
run_command([DOCKER, ‘pull’, c.dimage.name])
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py”, line 121, in run_command
raise CommandException(cmd, out, err, rc)
CommandException: Error running a command. cmd = /usr/bin/docker pull linuxserver/gsm-ts3. rc = 1. stdout = [‘Using default tag: latest’, ‘’]. stderr = [“Error response from daemon: pull access denied for linuxserver/gsm-ts3, repository does not exist or may require ‘docker login’”, ‘’]

Is there a way to get this running again? it looks like someone pulled the rock-on from the repository. Is there a way to use another docker? We have a game tonight and my kids are waking up. Might have to find an alternative voice server to use…

Good catch… it seems the underlying image was deprecated so a new Rock-on would need to be made. The announcement recommends using the official image (https://hub.docker.com/_/teamspeak) instead so that should be a good candidate.
https://blog.linuxserver.io/2018/08/15/deprecation-of-linuxserver-gsm-ts3/

Would you mind opening an issue on our rockon-registry linking to this post? The first half of the week will be very busy for me but somebody else may grab the opportunity.

1 Like

Thanks Flox! I’ve opened an issue as requested.

I’ve found instructions online for installing Teamspeak and those were easy to follow. I’d prefer that I use the docker for installing the service since all of the other services I use are also docker based. I hope to have a week off from work next month, if this doesn’t get resolved by then perhaps I’ll dig into it and learn how they work.

For anyone else that encounters this issue before it is resolved, I found the following instructions to be very easy to perform, with the exception being the example download link:
https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/how-to-install-and-use-teamspeak-server-on-centos-7/

The download link I used was: dl.4players.de/ts/releases/3.4.0/teamspeak3-server_linux_amd64-3.4.0.tar.bz2

1 Like

Hi @Noggin,

I quickly wrote an updated json file for the official TeamSpeak image but would need (your) help testing it. All details can be found on the Github issue you created:
https://github.com/rockstor/rockon-registry/issues/166

Thanks!

Hello, I’m new here. I know this tread is old, but I believe I’m having the same problem. I have installed Rockstor on a system that I’m using as a server, and it’s running good. however, I have made several attempts at installing the TeamSpeak3 rock-on, and failed every time, it appears to be a similar issue to the OP. Is there another way to install this? Can I install TeamSpeak via yum? I’m hesitant on installing the docker manually, never had much luck with dockers, still kinda new to me, and don’t want to break the system. Here’s the log if your interested… Maybe I did it wrong?

[09/Mar/2019 10:13:13] ERROR [storageadmin.views.rockon_helpers:124] Error running a command. cmd = /usr/bin/docker run -d --restart=unless-stopped --name Teamspeak3 -v /mnt2/TeamSpeak3:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 30033:30033/tcp -p 9987:9987/udp -p 10011:10011/tcp -e PGID=1002 -e PUID=1002 linuxserver/gsm-ts3. rc = 125. stdout = ['']. stderr = ["Unable to find image 'linuxserver/gsm-ts3:latest' locally", '/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: repository linuxserver/gsm-ts3 not found: does not exist or no pull access.', "See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.", '']
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon_helpers.py", line 121, in install
    generic_install)(rockon)
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon_helpers.py", line 219, in generic_install
    run_command(cmd)
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py", line 115, in run_command
    raise CommandException(cmd, out, err, rc)
CommandException: Error running a command. cmd = /usr/bin/docker run -d --restart=unless-stopped --name Teamspeak3 -v /mnt2/TeamSpeak3:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 30033:30033/tcp -p 9987:9987/udp -p 10011:10011/tcp -e PGID=1002 -e PUID=1002 linuxserver/gsm-ts3. rc = 125. stdout = ['']. stderr = ["Unable to find image 'linuxserver/gsm-ts3:latest' locally", '/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: repository linuxserver/gsm-ts3 not found: does not exist or no pull access.', "See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.", '']

@IamMrHart Welcome to the Rockstor community.

@Flox’s updated Teamspeak Rock-on, which addresses this issue, has now been merged but we are awaiting the next push of recently merged Rock-ons to the public rock-on repository that every Rockstor install uses to present ‘available’ Rock-ons. So as a work around you could grab the updated Teamspeak Rock-on definition file and place it in your Rockstor’s own local repository. This should take precedence over the on line Rock-on repository; which as stated is awaiting the next push from GitHub. I’m not currently able to do this so here’s a work around that should work for your TeamSpeak issue:

The following commands have to be executed as the root user on your Rockstor box; you could do this via a ssh session.

Please also see our wiki entry on testing pull requests (though not needed in this case):

and the rockon-registry README.md for the background on this method of using a local Rock-on repository to suppliment / override the currently public one.

For your particular issue the following is all you need do though. At least until we get the canonical Rock-on web site updated.

mkdir /opt/rockstor/rockons-metastore
cd /opt/rockstor/rockons-metastore
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rockstor/rockon-registry/master/teamspeak3.json
exit

Then use the Update button on the Rock-ons page of your Rockstor install and it should pickup your local, and newer in this case, TeamSpeak Rock-on and use that instead.

You will know before installing if it has worked as @Flox also made some user visible changes to the Rock-on listing.

The older version looks like this:

And the newer version looks like this:

This newer version conforms to our new aim of referencing both the upstream project via the Project name, Teamspeak in this case, and to the particular docker image used, in this case within the description link provided. We are hoping to move all Rock-ons over to this new format, or at least to providing the same info by partial programmatic extraction of image.

Hope that helps and apologies to all for taking so long on the Rock-ons push. We also have many as yet unpublished doc commits so hopefully that will get sorted soon also. There are movements behind the scenes to help make these processes more frequent but these movements as still ‘in development’.