Unable to deactivate AFP Service in Web-UI

Due to the an actual issue I want to deactivate AFP, because I don’t really use it at the moment.
Every time I deactivate the Service AFP via Web-UI it Comes back again immediately.
How can I deactivate it permanently?

regards
Andreas

@anborn Hello again.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this myself before also, although I didn’t get around to creating a GitHub issue for it. Could you do so in our rockstor-core repo.

At the time I noticed it I didn’t get to look into it much but hopefully it’s not to difficult a problem and once we have an issue it can serve as a focus for progress on it’s solution. I take it you’ve tried turning the service off in both the AFP area and the general services page? Either one should work but there may be a bug with one that doesn’t affect the other. @def_monk recently uncovered a similar problem where the SMB specific page switch worked slightly differently to the services page switch. But this only showed up as an issue in our “Built on openSUSE” variants.

Cheers.

Hello,

I get the same issue too, so I’ve created an issue for it: https://github.com/rockstor/rockstor-core/issues/2123 with some more details in.

Thanks

2 Likes