Unable to install Emby Media Server Rock-on

I’ve been having an issue with installing the Emby Media Server Rock-on.

It fails with the generic error: “Failed to install in the previous attempt.”

Checking the Rockstor logs (/opt/rockstor/var/log/rockstor.log) only gives me the following:

[29/Jul/2018 02:31:46] ERROR [storageadmin.views.rockon:81] Rockon (EmbyServer) is in pending state but there is no pending or failed task for it.

Rockstor version is 3.9.2-31

Any direction in how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated.

What that a first install?
Is it showing in your list of installed Rock-ons?

Alternatively, a docker ps -a may give some more information about what is happening here. Otherwise, you may have to “manually” delete the Rock-on from the cli using the delete_rockon call.

On another note, the Emby Rockon is due for an update. I’ve been putting it on the side as the current Json is still working but as Emby switched its inner workings quite a bit recently, it may help a lot. I’ll create an issue to remind myself.
https://github.com/rockstor/rockon-registry/issues/152

1 Like

@Flox

It was a first time install attempt.

Running that delete_rockon gives:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/scripts/rockon_delete.py”, line 22, in
from storageadmin.models import (RockOn, DContainer)
ImportError: No module named storageadmin.models

The same error happened to me once. It was simply due to a wrong command. Have a look at this post below for the correct command to run and explanation:

@Flox

I had given it the name of the Rock-on on the cli.

Oddly enough, I just logged into the Rockstor GUI, and now the EmbyServer Rock-on is showing as installed and running.

Glad it’s working now.

I should have been more clear in my previous post, but I was referring to the path to the command, rather than the Rock-on name:
/opt/rockstor/bin/delete-rockon rather than the one using the src subdirectory.

Cheers,