I’m thinking about virtualizing my Rockstor install. I think the steps I want to try are:
- take a config back up from within Rockstor.
- Power down and unplug all BTRFS drives
- Install ESXI
- Setup a new VM, install a clean copy of Rockstor
This is where I’m now unsure of the order…
- reconnnect the data drives
- import the pools
- restore my config file
- smile because I’m all done???
Does that sound about like it might work? Does the config I’ve restored contain what’s needed for my rockons? Or is it best to just reinstall the rockons pointing to my restored shares?