Web GUI Blank after install

Hi, I just installed rockstor for the first time and I have some problems getting it working.

First problem is that I am getting an error message after the initial setup. The part where you enter the hostname, username, and password information after first going to the server domain in the browser.

However if I refresh the page it takes me to the web GUI where I have my second issue. As seen in the screenshot my web GUI is blank. I tried to access my dashboard from several browsers and did a reinstall of rockstor with no luck.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Hi and welcome to Rockstor.

Did you try to reboot your machine?
What adress did you enter in your browser (just https://yourip/ ?)
Could you show us the error message after setup?

Mark

Yes, I rebooted my machine AND the computer I was using to access the web GUI.
Yes, it was just https://myip/.

Here is the error message.

Hi,
I have the same issue, Installed rockstor on a HP ProLiant older gen, replaced open-nas in the idea to integrate it with free-ipa.

I used 2 network connections with 2 IPs using static and after install only first one was recognised.
Then on web it asked about a username and password. The hostname is not clear, should it be FQDN or just some-host. I didn’t use the FQDN.
I also enter admin and some simple pass then an error popped out about some exception… didn’t save it, I was just joking that this is a good start.
After that I did yum update and restarted the machine and got the same screen.

The client is running Centos7 / Matte with Firefox. I also did more investigation, here is the error in UI (after selecting inspect element -> network)

1:"Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py", line 40, in _handle_exception yield File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/appliances.py", line 42, in get_queryset self._update_hostname() File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.6.11-py2.7.egg/django/db/transaction.py", line 371, in inner return func(*args, **kwargs) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/appliances.py", line 48, in _update_hostname a = Appliance.objects.get(current_appliance=True) File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.6.11-py2.7.egg/django/db/models/manager.py", line 151, in get return self.get_queryset().get(*args, **kwargs) File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.6.11-py2.7.egg/django/db/models/query.py", line 310, in get self.model._meta.object_name) DoesNotExist: Appliance matching query does not exist. "

Hi,
I did a new reinstall and now I captured the error

Houston, we’ve had a problem.
Exception while running command([’/’, ‘u’, ‘s’, ‘r’, ‘/’, ‘b’, ‘i’, ‘n’, ‘/’, ‘h’, ‘o’, ‘s’, ‘t’, ‘i’, ‘d’]): [Errno 13] Permission denied

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py”, line 40, in _handle_exception
yield
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/appliances.py”, line 114, in post
appliance = Appliance(uuid=hostid(), ip=ip,
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py”, line 1088, in hostid
return ‘%s-%s’ % (run_command(HOSTID)[0][0], str(uuid.uuid4()))
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py”, line 90, in run_command
raise Exception(msg)
Exception: Exception while running command([’/’, ‘u’, ‘s’, ‘r’, ‘/’, ‘b’, ‘i’, ‘n’, ‘/’, ‘h’, ‘o’, ‘s’, ‘t’, ‘i’, ‘d’]): [Errno 13] Permission denied

Made some progress,
Found out that are a few similar other complains on the board about this issue and there is a GitHub issue opened more that a month ago:

I made the switch over to unRaid.

Rockstor seemed like what I was looking for but unfortunately I couldn’t get passed the install stage. Maybe in the future when Rockstor gets this figured out (assuming it is the software and not user error) I’ll switch back but as of right now this software seems very immature to make the switch full time.