Why is the UI error 0 byte disk size?

After the update, I am seeing zero byte disks. There is no loss of data. Just the UI reporting is broken after the update.

Last metadata expiration check: 0:19:21 ago on Fri Mar 15 14:48:06 2024.
allow_vendor_change is disabled. This option is currently not supported for downgrade and distro-sync commands
Installed Packages
Name : rockstor
Version : 4.6.1
Release : 0
Architecture : x86_64
Size : 9.6 M
Source : rockstor-4.6.1-0.src.rpm
Repository : @System
Summary : Btrfs Network Attached Storage (NAS) Appliance.
URL : https://rockstor.com/
License : GPL-3.0-or-later AND (MIT AND Apache-2.0 AND GPL-3.0-or-later AND LGPL-3.0-or-later AND ISC)
Description : Software raid, snapshot capable NAS solution with built-in file integrity protection.
: Allows for file sharing between network attached devices.

Available Packages
Architecture : aarch64
Size : 2.3 M
Source : rockstor-4.6.1-0.src.rpm
Repository : Rockstor-Stable
License : GPL-3.0-or-later AND (MIT AND Apache-2.0 AND GPL-3.0-or-later AND LGPL-3.0-or-later AND ISC)
Description : Software raid, snapshot capable NAS solution with built-in file integrity protection.

Architecture : src
Size : 20 M
Source : None
Repository : Rockstor-Stable

what did the disk show before the update (what did you upgrade from)? I don’t really know, but I would have assumed a LUKS disk would always show as full, since you’re doing a full disk encryption?

I don’t have an old picture of the webpage. I remember it is a non zero number and always above 80%. I always look at these numbers even though it is not an accurate number. I used it as a relative measure over the time period. I did not change share, disk or pool settings. I brought the Rockstor software up to date.

Interesting. I don’t have LUKS installed, on my 4.5.8-0 installation it shows a small amount of space under the disks, and on a VM test machine on 5.0.8-0 it shows 0 bytes …

3 Likes

@avan & @Hooverdan Just chipping in with a diagnostic suggestion.

The following command, run as the ‘root’ user, gives the canonical info on the various types of usage for a volume:

btrfs fi usage /mnt2/pool-name-here

It may be that the output from that command, or whatever this widget uses, has changed some in the interim. These widgets source has not received much attention of late, so they are due for a little attention. Plus we need some documentation on the exactly intended meaning of this widget, with a link to that documentation embedded in the widget.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes