Would you pay a one time charge for stable updates?

Thanks everyone for very useful input and ideas. I am interpreting the response to be largely in support of my proposal, and some of you want us to even charge a bit more.

While there are other services that we plan to offer as Rockstor matures with clear choices and value propositions for users with different needs, we’ll keep the update-channel-subscription pricing model simple, because, the offering is pretty simple IMO.

We’ll start with two choices, a short term(1 year) and a longer term(5 years). I have no doubt that Rockstor will continue and grow well beyond 5 years, but I think that introducing a “lifetime” subscription at this stage is a bit premature.

Thanks again for all your input. I also appreciate new monetization ideas that you suggested. I am open to pursuing them as they become more feasible, appropriate and necessary. For the next few months, we have a lot of work to make Rockstor fully-fledged and reliable, and that’s where the primary focus will be. We need all of your support! Please feel free to PM or e-mail me if you want to offer more ideas.

2 Likes