You are running an unsupported kernel(4.2.5-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64). Some features may not work properly. Please reboot and the system will automatically boot using the supported kernel(4.3.3-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64)

Help, just went to update and this has appeared. I am not a linux guy, so I need detailed help on a solution. I cannot seem to activate any rockstor functions, but guid loads.

You are running an unsupported kernel(4.2.5-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64). Some features may not work properly. Please reboot and the system will automatically boot using the supported kernel(4.3.3-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64)

Hi @bigace109 and welcome to Rockstor! :slight_smile:

How to solve this (nothing to solve at all, it’s just an alert): performe a reboot and your kernel should nicely update to latest

BR
Mirko

Ive done several reboots and keep getting the message. I tried searching for the requested Kernel even but came up with no success.

I ended up upgrading to 3.8.15-4 which then gave me the same message, but I had the 4.6.0-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64 installed previously.

To avoid this with future updates, what can I do?

Thank you for the welcome! Ive enjoyed Rockstor so far, powerful tool.

1 Like

Hello @bigace109 please check this post and follow the steps it might help. I had the same issue tried the
sudo yum update
and my system was up to date the alret also was gone, performed a reboot from the console and all was fixed.

1 Like

I tried the sudo yum update and it still did not fix the issue. For now, I think I am fine, was lucky the current beta update matched the kernel I had installed.

It doesnt sound like my issue was very common, could be due to my hardware?