Activation Key reset?

Hello,

I purchased the 3 year stable-update key and activated on my Proxmox VM. After that I decided to install it on bare metal, but my appliance ID changed. So I am not able to activate the key again.

I wrote a mail to support@rockstor.com but got no answer yet. The strange thing is, that by now I get following error message instead the “wrong appliance id” error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py”, line 41, in _handle_exception
yield
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/update_subscription.py”, line 86, in post
stableo = self._toggle_repos(password=password)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/update_subscription.py”, line 66, in _toggle_repos
raise Exception(e_msg)
Exception: Activation code(Key deleted*) could not be authorized. Verify the code and try again. If the problem persists, contact support@rockstor.com

Did anyone got the same problem?

BR
Scizoo

@Scizoo Welcome to the Rockstor community and thanks for helping to support Rockstor development via a stable subscription.

Yes, the appliance id is per motherboard id so it would have changed from your VM install to the real hardware. Your support email request should result in the activation key being transferred to the new appliance id if you included it in your email. It’s a clunky system currently (via manual email request) and I think there are plans to set up a ‘self service’ site where one can manage one’s own subscriptions / activation codes and transfer from one id to another, but currently it’s just via the email request.

Give it some time as it’s currently a manual system managed by project lead @suman, at least for now.

So in short the appliance id and activation code are a username / password set essentially. Also remember to execute:

yum update rockstor

after successfully subscribing to stable (from testing) as we have a chicken and egg issue now fixed in updated code indicated in the following now closed issue:

https://github.com/rockstor/rockstor-core/issues/1870

That is directly after successfully subscribing to stable it will show available version rather than installed. Bit of a bad one really. Anyway once you’ve got the fix via the above command update then Web-UI updates should then appear and work as intended; bar displaying the included fixes as we haven’t of late populated the rpm changelog that this feature depends upon.

Hope that helps and let us know how your request goes, should come through shortly.

Hi and thanks :slight_smile:

Sure I will wait no problem. Thanks for the clarification.
Will report back when I am able to update on the stable branch.

BR
Scizoo

Thanks @phillxnet. @Scizoo I’ve replied to your e-mail. Thanks for your patience.