Active Directory and LDAP trouble

Hi,

I have joined the Rockstor machine to a Windows domain, but can’t activate the Active Directory button
in the WEB Gui under Services, if I try to turn it on it flips back to off, no error message.

The same wth LDAP button

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Ralf

@rakey Welcome to the Rockstor community. Could you take a peek in /opt/rockstor/var/log/rockstor.log for any clues; ie via:-

tail -f /opt/rockstor/var/log/rockstor.log

and then try configuring, via spanner, and activating the AD service again. Rockstor uses RedHat’s preferred system of sssd for the AD service. We have a wiki post on the internal workings that may also help.

Thanks.

Please feel free to paste elements of interest from the log in this thread as a starter.

Thanks Phil.
here is part of the log.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/smart_manager/views/active_directory.py”, line 133, in post
self._join_domain(config)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/smart_manager/views/active_directory.py”, line 81, in _join_domain
raise Exception(e_msg)
Exception: Return code: 1. stdout: . stderr: realm: Already joined to this domain
[18/Feb/2016 10:01:44] ERROR [storageadmin.util:38] request path: /api/sm/services/active-directory/start method: POST data: <QueryDict: {}>
[18/Feb/2016 10:01:44] ERROR [storageadmin.util:39] exception: Failed to join AD domain(xxxxxxxxxx.net). Error: Return code: 1. stdout: . stderr: realm: Already joined to this domain
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/smart_manager/views/active_directory.py”, line 133, in post
self._join_domain(config)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/smart_manager/views/active_directory.py”, line 81, in _join_domain
raise Exception(e_msg)
Exception: Return code: 1. stdout: . stderr: realm: Already joined to this domain
[18/Feb/2016 10:28:15] DEBUG [smart_manager.data_collector:395] Listening on port http://127.0.0.1:8080 and on port 10843 (flash policy server)
[18/Feb/2016 10:28:17] ERROR [storageadmin.views.command:75] Exception while refreshing state for Pool(rockstor_hqfranas1). Moving on: Error running a command. cmd = [’/sbin/btrfs’, ‘fi’, ‘df’, ‘/mnt2/rockstor_hqfranas1’]. rc = 1. stdout
= [’’]. stderr = [“ERROR: can’t access ‘/mnt2/rockstor_hqfranas1’: No such file or directory”, ‘’]
[18/Feb/2016 10:28:17] ERROR [storageadmin.views.command:76] Error running a command. cmd = [’/sbin/btrfs’, ‘fi’, ‘df’, ‘/mnt2/rockstor_hqfranas1’]. rc = 1. stdout = [’’]. stderr = [“ERROR: can’t access ‘/mnt2/rockstor_hqfranas1’: No suc
h file or directory”, ‘’]

I checked with net ads info and it didn’t find any logon servers.
If I check in AD the Rockstor machine is there, should I remove it manually and try to rejoin through console ?
Will take a look to the wiki now

Rgds.
Ralf

Welcome to Rockstor @rakey. So AD integration has been volatile and some new changes are about to be pushed in next couple of testing updates. You’ll see from our wiki post that the current approach uses SSSD and it’s been problematic for a couple of reasons. We’ll be moving to a winbind approach (may still offer sssd approach as an option in the future) in this dev cycle itself. So, my recommendation to you is stay tuned for announcements in the next week or so for more information. You’ll be able to test it very soon.

Hi ,
…sounds good
thanks very much for the information, will stay tuned.
Rgds.
Ralf