Can't find HDDs '/dev/sdd'

Hi guys,

I installed rockstor on a USB stick (transcend JetFlash, gigabyte H310N 2.0).

My hard disks are recognized by the bios during the boot process (access is possible from a Windows live system). When I search for the hard drives in rockstor, I get the following error message

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py", line 41, in _handle_exception
    yield
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/disk.py", line 459, in post
    return self._update_disk_state()
  File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/utils/decorators.py", line 145, in inner
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/disk.py", line 322, in _update_disk_state
    p_info = dev_pool_info[dev_name]
KeyError: '/dev/sdd'

I couldn’t solve my problem by searching, so I hope for your help.

greetings d33jay

@d33jay Welcome to the Rockstor community.

This is a strange one. It may help those here to diagnose what might have happened here by starting with the output of the following command:

ls -la /dev/disk/by-id/

And could you give some history as to how your system got into this state. I.e. has this install ever recognised the non system drives. Have you for instances installed any additional multi tools or the like.

I’m really not clear on what’s happened here.

You could try out our Rockstor 4 variant (Release Candidate 4) but it does have a broken AD currently. But otherwise seems to be at feature parity. It’s currently a DIY installer, no installer downloads untill we get this AD thing sorted. The instructions for creating your own installer for this new Build on openSUSE variant are here:

Hope that helps.

Hello,

I had already been able to solve the problem myself.
I had the hardware output to me and the HDD was displayed correctly there.

I then removed all partitions manually. After that the HDDs were displayed correctly in Rockstor.

Best regards

1 Like

@d33jay Re:

Are yes, that makes sense now. I seem to remember some combination of partition types that could cause this. Sorry I wasn’t able to pickup on this previously and thanks for sharing your findings / work around.

Cheers.

1 Like