Cert update problem

[Please complete the below template with details of the problem reported on your Web-UI. Be as detailed as possible. Community members, including developers, shall try and help. Thanks for your time in reporting this issue! We recommend purchasing commercial support for expedited support directly from the developers.]

Brief description of the problem

[unable to update certificate using keys from cloudflare]

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

[used the gui interface]

Web-UI screenshot

[Drag and drop the image here]

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

[paste Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py", line 41, in _handle_exception yield File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/tls_certificate.py", line 92, in post superctl("nginx", "restart") File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/services.py", line 125, in superctl out, err, rc = run_command([SUPERCTL_BIN, switch, service]) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py", line 227, in run_command raise CommandException(cmd, out, err, rc) CommandException: Error running a command. cmd = /opt/rockstor/.venv/bin/supervisorctl restart nginx. rc = 1. stdout = ['nginx: ERROR (no such process)', 'nginx: ERROR (no such process)', '']. stderr = ['']
here]
1 Like

@Forest, welcome to the Rockstor community. Can you mention which version of Rockstor you are running?

Also, after that error, is the WebUI still responsive?

2 Likes

Hi @Forest,

I entirely agree with @Hooverdan: this looks like an issue that was fixed and released in 5.0.0 and backported to our Stable channel and released in 4.6.1. We should thus make sure you are indeed on an earlier version than that and then get you updated :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick response. I am running Rockstor version 4.5.8.0. So it looks like I am running the earlier version, although it was a recent install on my server. After the error, 525, reported by Cloudflare, the webui is responsive. but my proxie from Cloudflare does not hand off. I did try the restart process that I noted in an earlier bug report but that did not work for me.

Thanks Flox. Sorry that I did not respond last night. It looks like I need to get updated! Appreciate the quick responses. I have lived with multiple server OS over the years including Microsoft’s, FreeBSD, Truenas core and scale - and now Rockstor. It is what I thought Truenas scale would be. I am impressed.

Upgraded to 4.6.1.0 but I am still getting the same error when I try to update the cloudflare certificates.

##### Houston, we’ve had a problem.

Error running a command. cmd = /opt/rockstor/.venv/bin/supervisorctl restart nginx. rc = 1. stdout = [‘nginx: ERROR (no such process)’, ‘nginx: ERROR (no such process)’, ‘’]. stderr = [‘’]