Config backup upload error

Following a recent topic on Rockstor reinstall, I wanted to test the current state of config backup (Rockstor-3.9.1) and thus created two Rockstor VM to test the restore of a previous Rockstor install. Unfortunately, I received the following error when trying to upload a previous config backup:

[19/Jul/2017 08:39:16] ERROR [storageadmin.util:44] exception: isdir() takes exactly 1 argument (0 given)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py", line 41, in _handle_exception
    yield
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/config_backup.py", line 255, in post
    if (not os.path.isdir()):
TypeError: isdir() takes exactly 1 argument (0 given)

Hereā€™s what I did to get this error:

1. Create Rockstor VM (VirtualBox in Windows): Rockstor1:

• 1 virtual drive (letā€™s call it ā€œAā€) for system install
    • 1 virtual drive for pool (SATA1) with Rockons-root configured and two additional shares for a test rockon (Syncthing)
  2. Backup config for Rockstor1 and download the .json.gz file on local HDD.

3. Create a second Rockstor VM: Rockstor2:

• 1 (new) virtual drive (letā€™s call it ā€œBā€) for system install
  4. Boot Rockstor2 and run yum updates.

5. Shutdown Rockstor2

6. Attach SATA1 drive to VM

7. Boot Rockstor2

8. Import pool in webUI for SATA1 (was successful)

9. Try to upload previous config backup file and receive the error pasted above when clicking on the ā€œUpload fileā€ button.

Would this error be explained by the fact that these are both VM? or is it a known bug?
Iā€™m simply curious of this behaviorā€¦

@Flox Hello again and thanks for the well formed report.

It might be, but it has hopefully been fixed in 3.9.0-13 by @dillif

in the following pr:

which improved this code some.

If you could do the same test with 3.9.1 and confirm one way or the other that would be great. Do please open a GitHub issue if you find otherwise as what I remember as an outstanding issue on 3.9.0, in this area, showed up as a self._validate_input() call that was missing an argument and yours looks different.

Thanks.

I already am on 3.9.1 on both machinesā€¦ I mistakenly wrote 3.9.0 in my original post, sorry for the confusion.

By curiosity, I updated Rockstor2 to 3.9.1-1 but still receive the same error when trying to upload the .json.gz in question.
Iā€™ll open a GitHub issue.

1 Like