Deleting disks from pool returns an error

Brief description of the problem

I’m moving a pool from 4x 2TB to 4x 8TB. Adding 4 disks went smooth but removing 4x 2TB disks didn’t. I know that error touches on how much free space is available - but there is 100 more space than needed.

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

I think is self explanatory what needs to be done :slight_smile:

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/gunicorn-0.16.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/workers/sync.py", line 34, in run client, addr = self.socket.accept() File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/socket.py", line 202, in accept sock, addr = self._sock.accept() error: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable

FYI I know how to remove devices manually so no need for that advice :stuck_out_tongue: I’m only reporting a bug in GUI.

@Tomasz_Kusmierz I see from your screen shot that you are running Rockstor version 3.8.15-9.
As of version 3.8.15-22

the relevant calculation has been amended / corrected via the indicated issue and now will only allow disk removal if there exists enough free space on the pool for the worst case scenario of the removed disks being full; irrespective of if this is actually the case. Just to play safe, especially given current space calculation difficulties with btrfs.

Hope this helps.

Cool, I’ll leave this thread for possible searchers.

Just upgraded to -14 and main server is dead in the water, while cctv refuses to startup rockon service … "Unknown internal error doing a POST to /api/sm/services/docker/start "

%#^(%(&%$&(^)(^)(&%^)(YP)(^#@%(&^@#(%&^_)(

Update:
I know what happened with main server … it managed to corrupt it’s root file system … the one that sits on reliable ssd with DUP as a profile (did it manually) …

$%&@#$%%&@$^@#^#$&^$#@(%$#%^@#&*%$#%^