Dev log for 3.8.16

3.8.15-6 is now available! I really like this update because we’ve moved from gevent-socketio to python-socketio for the server side and updated the client library as well. gevent-socketio has been abandoned for a while and this change was long overdue. Thanks @Flyer for contributing it.

After testing 4.8.7 kernel and btrfs-progs 4.8.3 sufficiently from my side, I’ve made it official in the testing channel. I strongly appeal to core contributors and active testing channel users to please test and post any bugs you find.

1 Like

Shame on me Suman:

Modal & python-socketio got partially mixed over router.js file and now 3.8.15-6 has modal views PR router.js.

If we merge https://github.com/rockstor/rockstor-core/pull/1500 all will be ready with new modals (moving firefox glitch to a separate PR): already tested after rsync to latest Rockstor master, rebase of modal view PR and rsync of modal view code

Sorry, but having a dozen branches 99% had a wrong git checkout while coding :sweat:

3.8.15-7 is now available, please test away!

I’ve merged two changes in this update. First is a nice enhancement of service configuration contributed by @Flyer. Second is a minor change to network config where gateway is no longer a required field. @Tomasz_Kusmierz contributed this change. Thanks to both of you!

1 Like

Happy weekend everyone! I just released 3.8.15-8!

We closed two issues in this update, both pretty important. First is an improvement to Pool deletion, where a Pool can be deleted along with it’s Shares and Snapshots with one action. Second is an improvement to the mount process so that directories holding Share and Pool mounts are only writeable when mounted.

Contributors to this update include @gkadillak and myself. Thank you @gkadillak!

Second update of the weekend, 3.8.15-9 is now available!

We closed 3 issues in this update. All of them are improvements on the UI side. One is a user facing change by @ganti_priya to edit things like compression and mount options inline, it’s nice! The other two are fixes by @Flyer. Thank you both! you rock!

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! 3.8.15-10 is now available which includes two changes. First is a refactoring enhancement to Samba configuration management. Second is an internal library update as we prepare to upgrade Django, our core backend framework.

This update is brought to you by contributions from @Flyer and myself. Thank you Mirko!

Hello Everyone,

3.8.15-11 is out! Finally I finished upgrading django from 1.6 to 1.8. This has been a thorny issue and gets worse as we wait more. But happy to have accomplished this so I can work on other issues :slight_smile:

This update also comes with an enhancement to the socket server. Thank you @Flyer!

1 Like

3.8.15-12 is now available! We are ramping up for 3.8.16 so we are in final regression fixes and testing phase. In this update, three such regressions were fixed – a pool creation bug, pool deletion bug and a samba config bug. We may have a few more to go.

Changes in this update are contributed by @phillxnet, @Flyer and myself. Thank you for coming up with these fixes swiftly!

Apart from these regression fixes, @phillxnet also fixed incorrect space calculation bug on disk removal.

@suman Does this 3.8.15-12 release not also include the pr for issue #1553 ? Or is that slated for next release? I saw your pool deletion bug fix and improvements to my django commit go in at around the same time.

It does, thanks for bringing it up. Still waking up here…sorry. I’ve just edited my previous post.

2 Likes

Hi,

3.8.15-13 is now available! We closed two issues, both bugfixes in the UI and important ones too. Thank you @ganti_priya and @Flyer for contributing these fixes. Also included are some changes from my side, mostly cosmetic and other maintainer-y stuff.

Please test and report back and issues as we are getting close to 3.8.16!

2 Likes

Happy Saturday all! We just released 3.8.15-14 with two important fixes. These are regressions triggered by our recent django update(3.8.15-11) but thanks to our awesome community(@Mahmoud87 and @ganti_priya) , we fixed them quickly.

This update is brought to you by contributions from myself and @Flyer . Keep rocking dude!

2 Likes

Great work @suman really super quick guys. I love your work, well done all :+1:

1 Like

Happy weekend everyone! We have another update, 3.8.15-15 brought to you by @Flyer’s contributions. It includes two enhancements to the UI using DataTables. We are in the final testing phase and this may very well be the last testing update of this cycle. Please test away and report any problems you encounter. Thank you!

3.8.15-16 is now available! Looks like upstream released a bunch of new udpates, so this update process may take a while.

We closed one important and perhaps last issue of this cycle, kindly contributed by @Flyer. Thank you!

1 Like