Disk: 344 does not exist

Brief description of the problem

Hello

I have this problem with rockstor it stopped responding , so I had to reboot the server. When the server rebooted I got this error :

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/disk_smart.py", line 43, in _validate_disk return Disk.objects.get(id=did) File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/db/models/manager.py", line 127, in manager_method return getattr(self.get_queryset(), name)(*args, **kwargs) File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/db/models/query.py", line 334, in get self.model._meta.object_name DoesNotExist: Disk matching query does not exist.

@prodiagnostico welcome to the Rockstor community.

Could you give a little bit more information on your setup?

What version of Rockstor are you running?
From the image it seems you’re running Rockstor within a Virtual Machine. Have you set the VMWare disk settings to passthrough (so a unique UUID for the device becomes known to Rockstor)?

Not sure why the server actually froze, but it could be related to that.

1 Like

Hi

The version of Rockstor that we are running is 3.9.1.
I will check the VMWare disk settings and report back

Than you

@prodiagnostico, 3.9.1 is considered deprecated at this time really (due to the age of the underlying CentOS and other components).

If it is possible would you consider upgrading to the latest stable release (4.5.8-0)? Since the underlying CentOS has changed to OpenSUSE and additional changes have been implemented (mostly renovation and refactoring to be able to move to newer versions of the components used for the Rockstor appliance/application). This would also simplify providing you with some support (free via the forums as possible, or commercial if you need it).

2 Likes

Hi

I managed to fix the error by following this comment and now it shows all the disks :slight_smile:

But now the shares are gone

Is there something I’m missing ?

Any assistance is very very appreciated

you might have to import the disk (second icon on the left under the disk, showing the arrow).

https://rockstor.com/docs/interface/storage/disks.html#import-data

1 Like

Hi

I will try it and report back

Thank you

Hi

I tried to import the disk but now i have this error :

Thank you

:pray:

@prodiagnostico Hello there.
Re:

Sometimes the import can fail on one disk and work by using another. There is a reason but it’s tricky for us to get around this. So worth trying the import from one of the other prior members. It can also sometimes help to reboot, and then try the import again.

But in all cases, you only need one successful import from any single disk member. You do not need to import every member: a successful import will pull in all other prior members if the pool is/was in good health.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply

I have tried to import the disk serveral times but no luck, and i really need to access de data on those disks. Does Rockstor cyphers the data ? Because I pluged the disks on other server and cant get the data

Thank you

Looking at your screenshot from 3/15 it looks like the 5.00TB is a single disk that you are trying to import? And the other two 50GB represent another pool?

2 Likes