Disk _Error after build

[Please complete the below template with details of the problem reported on your Web-UI. Be as detailed as possible. Community members, including developers, shall try and help. Thanks for your time in reporting this issue! We recommend purchasing commercial support for expedited support directly from the developers.]

Brief description of the problem

[write here] Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py”, line 41, in _handle_exception
yield
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/disk.py”, line 502, in post
return self._update_disk_state()
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/utils/decorators.py”, line 145, in inner
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/disk.py”, line 357, in _update_disk_state
p_info = dev_pool_info[dev_name]
KeyError: ‘/dev/sdb’

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

[vm under proxmox adding a lsi7300 hba. It sees the drive at the time of the install and I have a choice of the virtual drive or the drive attached to the hba choose virutal dirve and do install do all upgrades then go to login and it creates a user but never logs in if I back out of the login url it drops into the main app. When I go to disk there are no disks and it throws the above error. Not sure how it looses all the disk but it does

]

Web-UI screenshot

[Drag and drop the image here]

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

[paste here]

@Lambrd Hello again.
I’m assuming from your recent post: Error Messages with zypper refresh that this install is a v4. Is that the case.

We have not had an error of this type for some time now. I’m also assuming the disks you are importing are not previously populated or are populated by a prior Rockstor install.

My initial thought here is that:

Is some how not allowing full access to the controller. Is the controller itself passed through. Otherwise it can be that there is not serial info passed onto Rockstor.

There are others here on the forum using Proxmox so maybe they can chip in. I know it can be done but I’m pretty sure you have to pass the controller through or at least the drives in a way that udev can see their serial numbers.

Yes, this further suggests you are not giving Rockstor full drive access. It expects real drives or drives that look real. And the minimum requirement is that a drive has a serial number that udev can detect.

See our Minium system requirements:

https://rockstor.com/docs/installation/quickstart.html#minimum-system-requirements

They are not lost, there is just something not quite right about the setup. I’m also assuming you are not running a multi-path hardware arrangement. We are not yet compatible with this.

A not on our device management requirements re the serial numbers being visible to Rockstor:

Hope that hleps

2 Likes