Error importing Pools, shares and snapshots

Yes click on reraid and follow the prompts. It could take a while to complete, dependton the size of your data, but it will get there.

2 Likes

@deigo Helllo again.
Re:

Nice.

And Thanks from me also to @Hooverdan & @GeoffA for good advise here as usual.

@deigo Re: raid level changes. They can be pretty tortorous on a system so be prepared for potential Web-UI time-outs if your system is lower powered CPU wise or if the IO is saturated as it may be. All data on all drives will re read and re-written at least once so non trivial from the systems point of view. We display a info popup at the end of the re-raid wizard to this effect.

Raid 10 has minimum 4 disk requirement and raid1 has minimum 2 disk requirement.

Yes, these files may have been the result of the prior bad memory. And the corruption caught by the pool stats was likely averted from affecting any files and another request made when it was found the first didn’t match check-summing protections. But bad memory is basically impossible to work around, although I rand some predictable bad memory (bad in a known area) for a while and used a kernel badram option to simply avoid the dodgy areas for a bit. I had no other option at that time. Memtest86+ can output badram formatted output so one can use the same as a kernel boot option. All very hacky but good to know just in case.

Glad to hear your transition, to-date, from a donkeys years old Rockstor to the latest offering went relatively smoothly. Keep an eye, and keep us informed, of any Web-UI failures potentially caused by that stable backport kernel. As per the how-to warnings we deal mainly in the default Leap 15.3 kernel but are always looking to the future kernels so your input, given you are in the future in this regard, is helpful for us to prepare for the next Leap version.

Cheers.

2 Likes