Error running a command. cmd = /usr/bin/chattr -i /mnt2/MainStorage. rc = 1. stdout = ['']. stderr = ['/usr/bin/chattr: Read-only file system while setting flags on /mnt2/MainStorage', '']

Brief description of the problem

This happens when I try to create a share on a newly created pool.
The pool is created using RAID 6 using 5 x 10GB SAS drives that are connected to a HBA.

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

[write here]

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py", line 41, in _handle_exception yield File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/share.py", line 206, in post add_share(pool, sname, pqid) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/fs/btrfs.py", line 701, in add_share toggle_path_rw(root_pool_mnt, rw=True) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py", line 657, in toggle_path_rw return run_command([CHATTR, attr, path]) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py", line 227, in run_command raise CommandException(cmd, out, err, rc) CommandException: Error running a command. cmd = /usr/bin/chattr -i /mnt2/MainStorage. rc = 1. stdout = ['']. stderr = ['/usr/bin/chattr: Read-only file system while setting flags on /mnt2/MainStorage', '']

@Dilson Hello there.
Re:

The parity raids of btrfs-raid5 and btrfs-raid6 are read only by default in our upstream OS base of openSUSE - that is why you are seeing the read-only message. They are not considered production ready and we indicate this in our Web-UI. However if you are game to risk things a little take a look at our approach to resolve this - if you really want to use the far less mature parity btrfs-raid levels:

https://rockstor.com/docs/howtos/stable_kernel_backport.html

Either that or you got the Tumbleweed route. As it has a far newer kernel and upstream, as a result, does not enforce a read-only state.

Hope that helps.

1 Like