Error running a command. cmd = /usr/bin/rmdir /export/proxmon. rc = 1. stdout = ['']. stderr = ["/usr/bin/rmdir: failed to remove '/export/proxmon': Directory not empty", '']

Brief description of the problem

I was trying to delete a NFS export in the UI.
I’m using Rockstor 4.0.7-0

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

1. go to File Sharing > NFS
  2. Delete NFS export with the trashcan icon
  3. The error appears

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py", line 41, in _handle_exception yield File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/nfs_exports.py", line 214, in delete nfs4_mount_teardown(export_pt) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py", line 646, in nfs4_mount_teardown run_command([RMDIR, export_pt]) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py", line 201, in run_command raise CommandException(cmd, out, err, rc) CommandException: Error running a command. cmd = /usr/bin/rmdir /export/proxmon. rc = 1. stdout = ['']. stderr = ["/usr/bin/rmdir: failed to remove '/export/proxmon': Directory not empty", '']

@Joey1, welcome to the Rockstor community. As I don’t really use NFS exports, I can’t share any experience in that area. Did you check out this post:

I saw in some other places, that there might have to be a forced removal of exports. @phillxnet you possibly have more insights into this situation.

3 Likes

Hi @hooverdan, thanks for your help.
I read the linked issue.
Do you know if I’m I safe to delete the entries at /exports without deleting data?

@Joey1, sorry for the delay. To be honest, I have no idea, since I have not really been using NFS exports. I hope, someone else can chime in for that. As usual, to paraphrase @GeoffA “if you have a backup of your data, you can try many things” …

1 Like