Error running a command. cmd = /usr/bin/zypper removerepo Rockstor-Testing Rockstor-Stable. rc = 7. stdout = ['']. stderr = ['System management is locked by the application with pid 16813 (/usr/bin/zypper).', 'Close this application before trying again.',

[Please complete the below template with details of the problem reported on your Web-UI. Be as detailed as possible. Community members, including developers, shall try and help. Thanks for your time in reporting this issue! We recommend purchasing commercial support for expedited support directly from the developers.]

Brief description of the problem

[write here]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py”, line 41, in _handle_exception
yield
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/update_subscription.py”, line 93, in post
stableo = self._toggle_repos(password=password)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/update_subscription.py”, line 47, in _toggle_repos
switch_repo(offo, on=False)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/pkg_mgmt.py”, line 292, in switch_repo
[ZYPPER, “removerepo”, “Rockstor-Testing”, “Rockstor-Stable”], log=True
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py”, line 227, in run_command
raise CommandException(cmd, out, err, rc)
CommandException: Error running a command. cmd = /usr/bin/zypper removerepo Rockstor-Testing Rockstor-Stable. rc = 7. stdout = [‘’]. stderr = [‘System management is locked by the application with pid 16813 (/usr/bin/zypper).’, ‘Close this application before trying again.’, ‘’]

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

[write here]

Web-UI screenshot

[Drag and drop the image here]

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

[paste here]

Hi there!

Which version of rockstor are you using?
And what steps did you take right before the error occurred?

For me, I can confirm that a similar error is present many times in my error logs and I am using 4.5.8.
I don’t remember what I was doing at the time. I imagine it must have been something to do with Rockon stopping/running or uninstalling/reinstalling.
I should say that I never got the stacktrace popping up in the web UI, only in logs.

2 Likes

Seems to me this is one of the latest releases (considering the line numbers in the call stack), and this seems to be related to the update channel selection, but would want @JSL7717 confirm that.

@phillxnet what I find curious is, under which condition this part of the code would be called, as it seems to remove both testing and stable repos together?

Fundamentally, I suspect that the update check was running or if updates were triggered from the WebUI and in progress, for example, was running in the background, while @JSL7717 was trying to change the update channel, hence causing the error above, since zypper is busy with the other activity and locked.

2 Likes

Exactly that.
@JSL7717 , you should be ok retrying what you tried to do after a little while, time for the previous zypper process running in the background to be done.

2 Likes