Error running a command. cmd = /usr/sbin/btrfs qgroup assign 0/258 2015/17 /mnt2/storage_1. rc = 1. stdout = ['']. stderr = ['ERROR: unable to assign quota group: File exists', '']

Hi Folks,
I could not find a resolution for this exact issue so I am posting here.

Brief description of the problem

I wanted to resize a share after expanding the pool size and I got the following error

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

1. Click on the share name
  2. Click on “Resize”
  3. Enter a new size
  4. Click save

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py", line 41, in _handle_exception yield File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/share.py", line 279, in put share_pqgroup_assign(share.pqgroup, share) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/fs/btrfs.py", line 1344, in share_pqgroup_assign return qgroup_assign(share.qgroup, pqgroup, share.pool.mnt_pt) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/fs/btrfs.py", line 1413, in qgroup_assign raise e CommandException: Error running a command. cmd = /usr/sbin/btrfs qgroup assign 0/258 2015/17 /mnt2/storage_1. rc = 1. stdout = ['']. stderr = ['ERROR: unable to assign quota group: File exists', '']

@acd Hello again.

Could you say what version of Rockstor you are experiencing this with.

Note that we don’t currently enforce share sizes so the Web-UI indication of a share size is basically a cosmetic currently. There were early quota maturity issues that have mostly now gone I believe so we can re-address this enforcement in time. But currently we have some more pressing issues that are taking the majority of development time available unfortunately.

You could try, in the mean time, just to have your figures line up. disabling quotas on the associated pool. But again this capability depends on the Rockstor version you are running.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Hi Phil, thank you for your quick response. I am trying to setup some monitoring and this is the main reason I want to have a realistic size for the share.
I am running ROCKSTOR 4.1.0-0.
I disabled the quotas and I was able to resize the share, thanks!

3 Likes