Error updating list of Rock-ons

Brief description of the problem

When I click “Update” on the Rock-ons page I get an error.

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

1. Browse to the Rock-ons configuration page.
  2. Click update.
  3. Be a little bit sad.

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py", line 132, in post self._create_update_meta(r, rockons[r]) File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/utils/decorators.py", line 145, in inner return func(*args, **kwargs) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py", line 310, in _create_update_meta handle_exception(Exception(e_msg), self.request) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/util.py", line 48, in handle_exception status_code=status_code, detail=e_msg, trace=traceback.format_exc() RockStorAPIException: ['Cannot add/remove volume definitions of the container (plex-linuxserver.io) as it belongs to an installed Rock-on (Plex). Uninstall it first and try again.', 'Traceback (most recent call last):\n File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/gunicorn-19.7.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/workers/sync.py", line 68, in run_for_one\n self.accept(listener)\n File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/gunicorn-19.7.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/workers/sync.py", line 27, in accept\n client, addr = listener.accept()\n File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/socket.py", line 206, in accept\n sock, addr = self._sock.accept()\nerror: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable\n']

I have had several problems with my Rock-ons due to disk failure, as discussed in other threads, and I suspect this is the aftermath of those issues.

Let me know if you need anything else to troubleshoot this.

Hi @MainrtNr5,

That sounds like a reasonable explanation, indeed…

The error you are reporting here illustrates a conflict in Rockstor’s database regarding the information pertaining to this Rock-on. The best way to deal with it would be to force uninstall this Rock-on. We do have a script for that to be run from the command line. You will find documentation below:
https://rockstor.com/docs/interface/overview.html#force-uninstall-of-a-rock-on

In your case, it would be:

/opt/rockstor/bin/delete-rockon "Plex"

This should tell you that all information for this Rock-on in the database were removed (or something along those lines). Then you should be able to click on the “Update” button in your Rock-ons page to re-fetch the list of Rock-ons and you should be good to go!

Thanks for letting us know how it goes!

1 Like

Hi @Flox!

The problem is that this rock-on is very much up and running, although with another configuration share. Wouldn’t force uninstalling it be problematic in this case?

Hi @MainrtNr5,

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you.

There seems to be a conflict in your database about this Rock-on, unfortunately, so (force) uninstalling it is actually the easiest way to reset everything and start clean. I would stop the running Plex Rock-on, uninstall it via the webUI, and then run the delete-rockon script mentioned above. You should then be able to update your list of available Rock-on to start anew. Then you’ll be able to re-install the Plex Rock-on; as long as you re-use the same shares as before (for the config, etc…) then you should find your Plex instance in the same state as before. You probably already know how to do all that but here’s our related section of our docs in case it helps:
https://rockstor.com/docs/interface/overview.html#uninstall-of-a-rock-on

My apologies if I misunderstood something along the way.

1 Like