(Error while processing remote metastore at (http://rockstor.com/rockons/root.json).). Lower level exception: ([SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:618))

[Please complete the below template with details of the problem reported on your Web-UI. Be as detailed as possible. Community members, including developers, shall try and help. Thanks for your time in reporting this issue! We recommend purchasing commercial support for expedited support directly from the developers.]

Brief description of the problem

There is a certificate problem with the Duplicati Rock-On performing backups to BackBlaze. When I tried to check whether there was an updated image I got another certificate issue. I don’t know if it is the same root cause.

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

Go to Rock-Ons tab. Click Updates.

Web-UI screenshot

[Drag and drop the image here]

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py", line 41, in _handle_exception yield File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py", line 429, in _get_available response = requests.get(remote_root, timeout=10) File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/api.py", line 55, in get return request('get', url, **kwargs) File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/api.py", line 44, in request return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs) File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/sessions.py", line 289, in request history = [r for r in gen] if allow_redirects else [] File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/sessions.py", line 133, in resolve_redirects proxies=proxies File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/sessions.py", line 279, in request resp = self.send(prep, stream=stream, timeout=timeout, verify=verify, cert=cert, proxies=proxies) File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/sessions.py", line 374, in send r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs) File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/adapters.py", line 213, in send raise SSLError(e) SSLError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:618)
![Certificate%20Error|690x388](upload://aQto6EWdtXgbsxsZekv7mSq54EH.jpeg) 

Hi @jmangan, and welcome back!

@phillxnet wrote a brief answer to a similar post just a few days ago so that will be your best resource:

In short, this is a bug related to the now very old age of Rockstor v3. Although the post linked does point to a workaround, it is strongly recommended to consider moving to Rockstor v4 as it includes many many improvements across the board especially on the core Btrfs stack.

Hope this helps,

2 Likes

@Flox, thanks for that. I hadn’t seen an announcement that V4 was now release-ready. I’ll have a look at that.

Thanks again.