Exception while running command(['/', 'u', 's', 'r', '/', 'b', 'i', 'n', '/', 'h', 'o', 's', 't', 'i', 'd']): [Errno 13] Permission denied

[Please complete the below template with details of the problem reported on your Web-UI. Be as detailed as possible. Community members, including developers, shall try and help. Thanks for your time in reporting this issue! We recommend purchasing commercial support for expedited support directly from the developers.]

Brief description of the problem

After installing Rockstor and attempting to do the initial setup via the web UI, after filling out the forms and clicking “Submit” the error appears. The user is created and the error appears. Can’t progress past this point.

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

Create a rockstor bootable USB as per the instructions. Install it, boot , go to web ui IP, encounter error.

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py”, line 40, in _handle_exception
yield
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/appliances.py”, line 114, in post
appliance = Appliance(uuid=hostid(), ip=ip,
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py”, line 1088, in hostid
return ‘%s-%s’ % (run_command(HOSTID)[0][0], str(uuid.uuid4()))
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py”, line 90, in run_command
raise Exception(msg)
Exception: Exception while running command([‘/’, ‘u’, ‘s’, ‘r’, ‘/’, ‘b’, ‘i’, ‘n’, ‘/’, ‘h’, ‘o’, ‘s’, ‘t’, ‘i’, ‘d’]): [Errno 13] Permission denied

I don’t know howe to close these posts so here is the solution in case someone finds this via google:

1 Like

@fulanodoe I have replied to your other referenced post. We now have an open issue referenced in that thread thanks to your discovery.