Expected string or buffer - rescan disks

Brief description of the problem

getting error on rescanning disks ‘expected string or buffer’

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

Rockstor: 3.8.16-1
My main rockstor system died. I’m trying to import the data disks into a new rockstor system. When I click on the rescan button to get a list of disks I get this error.

If I do an fdisk -l or btrfs fi show, I see all the data disks and data pools.

Although the GUI gives an error, rockstor actually mounts the data pools into /mnt2 and I can access the data via the CLI, but the GUI does not list the drives - pools - or shares. Has anyone see this before? have tips on a workaround? Thanks!

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py", line 40, in _handle_exception yield File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/disk.py", line 272, in post return self._update_disk_state() File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/utils/decorators.py", line 145, in inner return func(*args, **kwargs) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/disk.py", line 238, in _update_disk_state if (re.match('fake-serial-', do.serial) is not None) or \ File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/re.py", line 137, in match return _compile(pattern, flags).match(string) TypeError: expected string or buffer