Hardware & Disk Temp Monitoring Widget

Would be a great item to have hardware and Disk temp monitoring, I also think this would fit into the other proposed feature for Fan monitoring and Speed control of power managed fans

1 Like

@kcomer Thanks for breaking this out from you last thread, better that way for a more focused discussion.
I’ve updated the forum link from one of our outstanding issues on this.
"HDD temp and sensors graphs on dashboard view"
and we also have the issue:
"lm-sensors support"
I believe that the two issues should remain independant for the time being as hdd / ssd temps are gained via the smart subsystem where as fan speed and ram / cpu / motherboard temps are gained via the lm-sensors subsystem. However combining them in an eventual widget would be great, but first we have to intergrate these systems before we can widget them.
I have linked to this new thread from both of these issues to help with collecting ideas together.

2 Likes

hola,

as the hdd temp can easily be read from the existing smart package this should be an easy task, right.
an easy bar graph should do.

1 Like

It would be nice to have this feature. I think if rockstor is used in server rooms, sound is not a problem, but I for example use it at home. So noise can be a problem :wink:

1 Like