Invalid literal for float(): 596,2

[Please complete the below template with details of the problem reported on your Web-UI. Be as detailed as possible. Community members, including developers, shall try and help. Thanks for your time in reporting this issue! We recommend purchasing commercial support for expedited support directly from the developers.]

Brief description of the problem

This message appears after installation (on USB-Stick formatted with btfrs). First time I have to create a user for the weblogon console.

Houston, we’ve had a problem.

invalid literal for float(): 596,2

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

[write here]

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py", line 40, in _handle_exception yield File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/disk.py", line 272, in post return self._update_disk_state() File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.6.11-py2.7.egg/django/db/transaction.py", line 371, in inner return func(*args, **kwargs) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/disk.py", line 62, in _update_disk_state disks = scan_disks(settings.MIN_DISK_SIZE) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py", line 318, in scan_disks dmap['SIZE'] = int(float(size_str[:-1]) * 1024 * 1024) ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 596,2

@Nice23 Welcome to Rockstor and thanks for reporting.

This appears to be a localisation issue where the drive size is reported as 596,2 rather than 596.2. This has been fixed in a later Rockstor releases by @Flyer but I think a work around might be to select US or UK during install where the ‘,’ separator isn’t used.

What version of Rockstor are you experiencing this on ?

1 Like

I used the rockstor-3.8.15.iso which I downloaded yesterday.

I tried installation about 3 times now; there are different problems.

1. I have to force btrfs file system manually during installation process because
    automatically another fs (LVM) will be used then.

Another is to access to a samba-share by using a windows 10 client.
I can see the share-folder in my win10 explorer but if I try to get into the folder

• access is denied.
    I allready checked smb.conf and centos filesystem permissons (chmod).

Am I to assume you changed to US or UK during install and the initial problem you mentioned was resolved then?

Is this the case even if the existing partitions / are removed?

You need to create a user on Rockstor that is the same as your Win10 user and set the permissions for that user on the share you create on the NAS. Please see the official docs re such things: as Shares and Users.

Once you have a user and a share you can edit the shares access control to give that user the rights you require.