Is there ISO download for Rockstor 4?

Okay, done a lot of testing with Rockstor 4 and wow! The 10Gb (1GigByte) transfers are MUCHO faster and more even! It seems the disk algorithms are improved so as to mostly keep up with the high transfer speeds. Now I have two problems for which I can not find a solution. Also, I don’t know what caused the problems… me or magic butterfly…

1. One of the sub-directories on a major share suddenly shows HIDDEN and nothing I can do seems to fix it. This happened when I installed Rockstor 4. All permissions are 777 and verified. I thought I had lost 3TB off data until I changed my view option to show hidden files, and there it was.

2. I need to know how to break a Raid-1 and combine 2 disks into one.

Thanks for all the help.

PS: As I knew it would, my 10 year old workstation finally bit the dust rather suddenly and loudly! Took me a while to get something up and running until my new system is built… also turns out the 1200W lifetime warranty PSU maker is no longer in business… LOL! Big BANG and FIRE shot out of it…

:sunglasses:

PPS: New setup is based on Corsair 678c in all white with the water cooled Ryzen 5950X CPU/mobo combo.

Corsair%20678c

3 Likes

That is pretty straightforward through the GUI, from the Storage - Pools menu option.
Select the pool in question, and at the bottom of the Pool Details page click on the ‘Resize/ReRaid Pool’ button.
On the next pop-up select option 1. Modify RAID level only
On the next pop-up select the new Raid level, probably ‘single’ for what you are after (check the documentation first)
Follow remaining screens through and this will start a ‘Balance’, which is converting to your new raid level. This could take several hours, so be patient, however during this time the system and data is still available for use.
The balance status can be seen on the Pool Details page.

3 Likes

Okay, it worked after I did the the update thing. Looks like there were about 130 updates to 4.08 to 4.09 and my problems were corrected.

The more I use the 10Gb LAN (works tons better with 4.09), the more I appreciate the speed of the SSDs in my setup. However, I am starting to get more greedy! LOL!

I’ve decided I don’t like to wait for the LONG transfers from HD to SSD and visa-versa. The HD’s can transfer 140MBs more or less so if I put 7 or 8 of them in RAID-0 I could get the speed I want. That would mean a complete chassis change though and I would try to avoid it at this point. Sooo, I am going to reconfigure the setup somehow, we will see. All I really want is 10TB total space, so maybe I can do something different.

Anyways, so far so good with 4.09!!!

2 Likes