Json added to /opt/rockstor/rockons-metastore does not show up in Rockons list

Hi All

I’m trying to install the updated version of pi-hole as found Here

I created the /opt/rockstor/rockons-metastore and put the downloaded json file in the folder. However, the new rockon does not show up as in the rockons list after updating.

I’ve tried restarting Rockstor but still can’t see the added Rockon.

Any suggestions for ways to get it to show up would be greatly appreciated.

I’m running 5.0.9.0 with no other rockons installed at the moment.

Thanks

Jonathan

Hello @jonnieboyrevel

What did you update in the json file before you put it into the rockons-metastore folder? The post you referenced was from 2018, in the meantime the Rockon was updated to use the official pihole image pihole/pihole:

The official image was update 14 hours ago for its nightly release, the official latest unfortunately 3 months ago (version 2024.07.0)

https://hub.docker.com/r/pihole/pihole

On Github the latest docker release is also from July:

So, if you didn’t add any additional options, but your current pihole Rockon is on an older version than mentioned above, you can follow the instruction that @Flox mentioned in the posts you referenced.

Otherwise, you could post your json file and we can take a look at what might be missing.

1 Like

@Hooverdan

Thank you for providing the information above. I didn’t realise the official rockon had been updated. Previously I was running quite an old version which didn’t seem to update, hence finding the post I linked above.
I’m running a new install of Rockstor now and, incorrectly, assumed that PiHole was still out of date… Apologies for that and thanks again for the help.

2 Likes