LazyLibrarian and Transmission

I have managed to get both Lazy Librarian and transmission rockons installed but for some reason I can not get them to work propery. When I search torrents with LL it gives me this error Permission denied (/run/s6/services/lazylibrarian/Percy Jackson_ Complete Series - Rick Riordan/ePub/04 The Demigod Files.epub) When I check to see where transmission is trying to store it I get this, /run/s6/services/lazylibrarian.
Transmission is set to download to /var/lib/transmission-daemon/Downloads

I am at whits end…
Chas

I apologize for the indirectness of my previous post, can anyone point me in the right direction to correct this issue?

Is there a way to force the Transmission rockon to override the download to directions given it by LazyLibrarian?

Is there a way to get Lazy librarian to redirect the files properly?

Thanks and again I am sorry for being less than direct

Chas

I am guessing it’s because these can not access each others file systems as they are 2 separate docker containers.

“Rockons are docker containers (a similar idea to virtualization), and as such only have access to the file systems exported to them.”

Guess you need to use a shared folder structure on a RockStor share.

I was able to get this working using the information that Dannyts posted as well as other posts about different rockons having similar issues.
In Short the steps I took were to set up LL with three shares, LLBooks I entered for /books. LLConfig for /Config. LLstore for /Downloads.
Once the Rockon installed, I turned it off, clicked the wrenchand then Add Storage, from there I selected the share Books (a share that I had created)and then mapped the directory /mnt2/Books/Rock_Books.
Once that was done, I turned LL back on and it worked properlu with Transmission.

Thanks to all for the help.

1 Like