Need Help with NVIDIA Driver Installation on Rockstor 5.0.5-0

Hello everyone,

I’m currently facing an issue with installing NVIDIA drivers for my Quadro P4000 GPU on a Rockstor 5.0.5-0 system and could really use some help.

Here’s what I’m dealing with:

System: Rockstor 5.0.5-0
GPU: NVIDIA Quadro P4000
Kernel Version: 5.14.21-150400.24.46-default
Issue: I’m trying to install the NVIDIA drivers (version 535.146.02) but keep running into an error saying, “Unable to find the kernel source tree for the currently running kernel.”
Attempts So Far: I’ve tried installing the kernel-devel and kernel-headers packages corresponding to my kernel version, but yum can’t seem to find them. I’ve also updated my Rockstor system, but the issue persists.

I would appreciate any guidance on how to resolve this. Specifically, I’m looking for help with:

Finding and installing the correct kernel-devel and kernel-headers for my kernel version.
Any alternative approaches to successfully install the NVIDIA drivers on my system.
Any advice or pointers towards resources would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

@steven4297 Hello again.
Re:

We are based on openSUSE, and to the left of the Kernel Version text in the Web-UI should indicate the Leap or Tumbleweed version.

We use yum (non native to openSUSE) for changelog retrieval only. All actual installs use the openSUSE native zypper.

So use zypper and look up the procedure for installing your drives for the openSUSE version your Rockstor instance is based on (Web-UI header info for that). We are nearly identical to our donor upstream distro really.

From a quick look I found this: SDB:NVIDIA drivers - openSUSE Wiki

which looks to be what you are after.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes