Nginx rockon uninstall stuck

Brief description of the problem

Web UI stuck uninstalling a nginx rockon

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

Not sure the exact cause of but I was just uninstalling it and can’t access my config

Web-UI screenshot

Troubleshooting

Docker is no longer listed when doing docker ps
Shares deleted
updated from 5.0.11 to 5.0.13
Rebooted
Not sure what else to try
Other rockons will install and uninstall while this is happening.

Hi @mitchtheflame , welcome to the forum!

We’ve seen this kind of odd behavior a few times. Unfortunately it’s not easy to really know the cause as it always seems difficult to reproduce.
Nevertheless, we have a script that will force uninstall a Rock-on stuck like that. Have a look at the documentation at the link below:
https://rockstor.com/docs/interface/overview.html#force-uninstall-of-a-rock-on

Let us know if that helps or if you’d like more details on how to run it; we’ll be happy to help as needed!

2 Likes

Thanks @Flox for the help that worked :grinning:
I should have looked in rockstor documentation instead of docker :person_facepalming:
New to linux and rockstor, was just looking for a resolution for my issue I understand a issue like this is hard to reproduce and doesn’t cause any actual error aside from the web UI.

2 Likes

No worries; you had the right approach.
We do have plans to integrate thai force uninstall in Rockstor’s Web UI in the future to make it easier and simpler. No timeline for it yet, unfortunately.

Glad it helps, and let us know how it goes! Don’t hesitate to ask here any other question(s) you may have.

2 Likes