'NoneType' object has no attribute 'name'

[Please complete the below template with details of the problem reported on your Web-UI. Be as detailed as possible. Community members, including developers, shall try and help. Thanks for your time in reporting this issue! We recommend purchasing commercial support for expedited support directly from the developers.]

Brief description of the problem

[cant make any changes in the networking page, can not change ipaddress]

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

[change dhcp to manual and add ip address]

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py", line 41, in _handle_exception yield File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/network.py", line 321, in put device = nco.networkdevice_set.first().name AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'name'

Hi @gottires, and welcome!

I’m sorry to see you’re having some difficulties… I unfortunately can’t seem to see the screenshot you shared (it doesn’t load), so I believe we would need additional details (and/or another attempt at sharing a screenshot). For instance:

1. Do you have one or multiple NIC? If multiple, does this error happen for all of them?
  2. Was anything changed recently on the machine, hardware-wise?
  3. What kind of NIC is it (ethernet, infiniband, …)?

Also, what version of Rockstor are you using? Did you activate one of the update channels (Testing or Stable) and applied all updates? Ideally, the output of yum info rockstor would give us all the needed information.

I’m sorry for having more questions than answers, but I feel we have to get more information to see what happened here.

Hope this helps,