Operation not permitted on this share (home) because it is a special system share

[Please complete the below template with details of the problem reported on your Web-UI. Be as detailed as possible. Community members, including developers, shall try and help. Thanks for your time in reporting this issue! We recommend purchasing commercial support for expedited support directly from the developers.]

Brief description of the problem

I want to decrease in size or delete the “home” share on the original rockstor_rockstor pool. The Operating System portion of the Pool is consistently at 100%

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

From the “Shares” screen, I find the “homes” share that is on “rockstor_rockstor”, I click “Resize” and choose 1 GB (or any value smaller than the current size) and clicked “Save”

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/gunicorn-19.7.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/workers/sync.py”, line 68, in run_for_one
self.accept(listener)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/gunicorn-19.7.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/workers/sync.py”, line 27, in accept
client, addr = listener.accept()
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/socket.py”, line 202, in accept
sock, addr = self._sock.accept()
error: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable

@MRC-MBU Hello again.
Re:

Yes, we restrict such operations on the rockstor_rockstor pool as it’s the system pool so changes to this pools layout could result in a non bootable system.

You can however remove / move the data in that subvolume and after a balance, if there is enough space, you should free up what was previously taken up by that data. Also note that you will need to remove all snapshots of the associated data or there will be no space reclaimed.

Hope that helps.

1 Like