Saw a reddit post detailing some weirdness with the various plex docker images out there. Thought I would try to make a plex rockon based off of the official plex inc image. I remembered a few threads complaining about linuxserver’s plex saying it was out of date. I have tested the official image and it works fine.
I have a few questions:
- What should I name this rock-on?
- Is it even ok/good to make two rockons based on different images that do the same thing?
- I’m unsure which image / release cadence is better and wanted people’s thoughts.
- The official docker requires a timezone to configure which is a bit weird. You have to type like “America/Chicago” for it to work. Is this requirement so annoying that the linuxserver one is better?
- Could I make a default timezone to get by this? (unsure how to pass default environment variables in a rockon definition).
Docker for Plexinc: https://hub.docker.com/r/plexinc/pms-docker
Out of date plex complaints: Plex Updates (How do I update it )
Here’s the pull request: https://github.com/rockstor/rockon-registry/pull/169
(side note/design flaw?: no real way to make a clickable link for an environment variable in rockon file, like to the wiki containing all these timezones. I put it in the info, but there seems to be no way to click or copy/paste anything from the info, it just closes).