As the rock-on system has gained a lot of popularity within Rockstor, it has now become important to provide a dedicated place to better keep track of its evolution and --most importantly-- to announce significant updates to our community.
The purpose of this thread will thus be to announce changes to the list of available rock-ons; be it the addition of a new rock-on, its replacement, or a notable update.
N.B.: Inherent to this purpose, this thread will remained locked but we are all encouraged to further share our feedback and suggestions in dedicated threads using the ‘Rock-ons’ category.
As always, we’ll refer to Rockstor’s documentation for more information on anything related to the rock-ons framework:
- List of all rock-ons available: http://rockstor.com/docs/docker-based-rock-ons/overview.html#rock-ons-available-by-default
- List of all rock-ons with specific instructions and/or documentation: http://rockstor.com/docs/docker-based-rock-ons/overview.html#rock-ons-with-write-ups
- How to further customize a rock-on install: http://rockstor.com/docs/docker-based-rock-ons/overview.html#advanced-configuration
For those wanting to contribute/correct or write their own rock-ons:
- Rock-on registry Github repository: https://github.com/rockstor/rockon-registry
- How to contribute to the rock-ons repository: http://rockstor.com/docs/contribute_rockons.html
- Developer info on the rock-ons framework: wiki post from @Flox
- How to write a rock-on definition file: https://github.com/rockstor/rockon-registry/blob/master/README.md
- How to locally run and test a proposed rock-on: wiki post from @phillxnet