Can you check the file: /opt/rockstor/var/log/supervisord_ztask-daemon_stderr.log
on the 3.9 version there will always be some error message about setuptools (since they are out of maintenance with the version that Rockstor 3.x uses), but there might be some other clues why you’re having the above “post” issue.
It is fetching something. tcpdump shows it dns’ing rockstor.com and then pulling stuff over http from linuxlines.com (which is rockstor.com). It seems to download a number of things from there but still gets the same error message.
Not necessarily. First off. Well done on building and installing 4. Nice. Now we have an oustanding issue in upstream with regards to docker not liking our IPv4 only environment. We are awaiting a fix in upstream for this. Docker has fixed it but openSUSE Leap is hopefully to get this fix soon. And thus we will too.
Take a look at the following forum thread for the work around (downgrading docker) for now:
It’s quite frustrating for all concerned but downgrading the docker package and pinning / locking that for the time being should get you sorted. The Rockstor 3 development is now legacy and we no loner release updates to that version. But as you say we haven’t had any other reports; at least yet.
So take a look at @sanderweel work around in that thread:
and see if that gets you sorted. Hopefully this upstream docker fix will appear in a leap update soon and you can then remove the package lock (see later in that forum thread).
We do have mid term plans to add web server side compression to these files to speed up their download but that’s not going to make a tone of difference. But is should help a little.
Let us know how you get on with the docker downgrade on the Rockstor 4 and then hopefully folks here can come us with something to increase the time out or speed things up some how. What is the hardware you are using for this Rockstor instance?
Im in australia, so a ping to the UK is 330ms. So fetching anything from rockstor.com/rockons/ is at least 660ms because your site redirects to https which means: 1) establish tcp to port 80, get redirect, close 2) open https port and try again.
I see a redirect (http->https) for the root.json and some of the project.json files too.
Our main server is actually in Europe - Germany - Frankfurt. Was you ping to our server or a UK server.
Yes a recent inconvinience required for us to move to all https which was a long standing request, recently enacted. See my prior response in your larger post involving you multitude of improvement ideas for the Rock-ons retrieval update system.
Hope that helps and let us know in maybe a fresh post on ping times or the like.
I just assumed it was UK because of the currency to subscribe. The ping was to rockstor.com from the bottom bit of australia.
I changed the setting.py url for rockon fetch from http to https and IT WORKED!! Rockon’s loaded! Woohoo! No failure and empty message! They loaded!!!
I submitted a pull request to fix the file conf/settings.conf.in but i didnt make it a branch (sorry, did it before reading the submitting guidelines). I cant work out how to cancel the pull request and fix it.