Rockstor-bootstrap.service is missing

While having Problems with some Rock-Ons, I tried to delete the Rock-On Share via ssh. After a while I got this solved via the Web-UI. but after a restart of the Server, the Web-UI did not open anymore and if I try to start the bootstrap service, I get the Error:
Failed to start rockstor-bootstrap.service: Unit rockstor-bootstrap.service not found.

Is there a way to restore this? Or do I have to do a new install of Rockstor?

@Felix welcome to the Rockstor community. Which version of Rockstor are you working with where you are running into that problem?

Note: In case a restore is required, make sure you take a configuration backup (if you have configured other things on Rockstor) so you can reimport your settings quickly.

2 Likes

Hello,
I’m using 4.5.7.0.

I also just found the issue. I have accidentally deleted the nginx folder in /opt/rockstor.
After reinstalling the rockstor package it is running again.

Edit:
After a few hours, somehow it suddenly worked again.
Topic solved
I still have an issue that may is corresponding with that. No Rock-On can be opened in the browser (the web-ui). I am really new to the system and don’t know if the two things have to do with each other

1 Like

@Felix, Hello there, and glad you got over the first hurdle you encountered.
Re:

If you are sure to select the exact same configuration, i.e. shares ports etc, there is no harm in re-installing a Rock-on: note that you may have to uninstall it first. Do be sure that you have followed the guidelines here:

https://rockstor.com/docs/interface/overview.html

regarding dedicated shares etc. And of course the Rock-ons-root share.

Hope that helps.

1 Like