Share(RockOn) cannot be deleted as it has snapshots. Delete snapshots and try again

[Please complete the below template with details of the problem reported on your Web-UI. Be as detailed as possible. Community members, including developers, shall try and help. Thanks for your time in reporting this issue! We recommend purchasing commercial support for expedited support directly from the developers.]

Brief description of the problem

[write here]

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

[write here]

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/gunicorn-0.16.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/workers/sync.py", line 34, in run client, addr = self.socket.accept() File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/socket.py", line 202, in accept sock, addr = self._sock.accept() error: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable

Hi @Geek16432, and welcome to the community!

I suppose the share in question (RockOn) is the share you have selected as you Rockons-root (the one selected during the Rock-on service configuration) as described in the documentation. Is that correct?

As explained by the error message you received, you simply need to delete the snapshots of this particular share before being able to delete the share as well. You can find details on how to do so in Rockstor’s documentation:
http://rockstor.com/docs/snapshots-btrfs-snapshots.html#deleting-a-snapshot

Please be aware, however, what is detected as snapshots for this special Rockon-root share is actually the different components of any docker images you have on your machine. As a result, deleting these shares will break any currently installed Rock-on. In case you delete it, you will thus have to uninstall all installed rock-ons (if any) and then re-install them. Note, however, that if you re-use the same shares for each rock-on you had installed, you will not loose any setting you may have configured for them.

I hope this helps, but let us know if you have any additional question.

Thanks so much, I’m very new to RockStor.