Snapshot cronjob throwing errors

I finally have my production RockStor up and running. I set up outgoing email alerts and I am getting these with every snapshot:

|### (Cron Daemon) rockstor@xxx.com|4:49 PM (25 minutes ago)||

|
| — | — | — |
|to rockstor

|

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/bin/st-snapshot”, line 45, in
sys.exit(scripts.scheduled_tasks.snapshot.main())
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/scripts/scheduled_tasks/snapshot.py”, line 95, in main
validate_snap_meta(meta)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/scripts/scheduled_tasks/snapshot.py”, line 39, in validate_snap_meta
if meta[‘share’].isdigit():
AttributeError: ‘int’ object has no attribute ‘isdigit’

Hi there @nandor,

I’ve seen that a little while ago in another thread here and I would thus point you to one of this specific thread and @phillxnet’s suggestion:

The first thing to try would thus be:

As to why you are seeing this, an explanation would be:

This warrants the question, then: have you created this task and then updated Rockstor version? You can read more on why I’m thinking that in an older thread:

If the recommendation in the first link provided is not helpful, we can try troubleshooting this further (is it just a specific task causing an issue, or all the scheduled tasks? What does the webUI show for this scheduled task? Is a newly-created task showing the same issue?).

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes :wink: .

1 Like

@Flox I did indeed create a snapshot and then upgrade. Maybe the current ISO needs to be reved because this will be a problem for a lot of people, I think.

The way this happened is that I installed on my new ESXI server and was waiting 3 days for support to move my license over, so I was unable to upgrade. Today I gave up waiting and just bought another license :smiley:

I have re-made the task just now. I seem to no longer be getting the errors. I will keep an eye on it and let you know if it crops up again.

Thanks!

Glad that’s what it was and happy to know you’re sorted out!

I believe that due to the ongoing efforts in rebasing Rockstor, the next ISO will actually be the openSUSE-based one(s), but @phillxnet will be the one with accurate information.

Thanks for letting us know that fixed the issue!

@nandor As @Flox intimated:

the plan is to have our next ISO be an image based installer with openSUSE Leap 15.1 as it’s base. I’m working on the automated systems leading up to this as my current task as it goes. All taking longer than expected but we are heading in the right direction.

Also re:

Yes poor show on our part. Apologies there, we are in some what of a transition with all of our backend infrastructure and that’s put an additional strain on things. But we are nearly there and should then have a better arrangement to be able to spread such support queries across our number a little easier. We also have a ‘trial beta test system’ self service web app in final testing which should enable all stable subscribers to be able to self server on the re-install Appliance ID change that can happen. I believe you received an email from it with your most recent stable subscription (it asked you to ignore it as it is not yet canonical). It will be a relief all around to finally have this facility come into play, for both the obviously frustrated stable subscribers in need of it’s service and those responsible for such queries on the support side. Me and @Flox have done some initial testing and have just a little more to do before we can get this thing rolled out. This was my prior main focus as it goes. More news on this ‘self service’ Appliance ID Manager Web App once we have it through final testing. If you fancy you could sign up and see your 2 recent orders and their associated ‘computers’ within that interface. But any changes you make there are as yet ineffectual. Also note that we can’t yet ‘support’ that website as it’s still not yet final. So until it’s officially released I would discourage it’s use and as yet not all fresh subscribers are being enrolled. And as stated we have a planned appraisal of it’s release readiness in the near future. If you have any questions or suggestions for this facility, if you end up having a look, then do please private message me with those suggestions / your experience. But note that as @Flox has worked with me in it’s preparation I’d like to invite @Flox into that discussion. I would also like to ask that you not publish it’s url just yet as I’m not sure it could, in it’s current test form, handle the potential onslaught of all prior Rockstor subscribers logging in to have a look. :slight_smile:

So I’m sharing these details in the interests of transparency with regard to Rockstor trying to get it’s act in more order. We are a small team in a rather busy period so I would request your indulgence for the time being. Again apologies for the rough rider on the subscription side. And thanks for helping to support Rockstor’s development.

I’ll pm you re your double/repeat subscription.

Hope that helps and glad you got going in the end.

Thanks for all the info - I totally get it and I did not at all mind kicking an extra 20 bucks your guys way. Thank you for the refund I do appreciate it though. I will checkout the site shortly and let you know my thoughts.