[SOLVED] Error when I create a AFP share

[Please complete the below template with details of the problem reported on your Web-UI. Be as detailed as possible. Community members, including developers, shall try and help. Thanks for your time in reporting this issue! We recommend purchasing commercial support for expedited support directly from the developers.]

Brief description of the problem

Error when I try to add a AFP share

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

In the AFP configuration section, I choose my share, then when I click on sumbit, this Error appear

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/netatalk.py", line 134, in post systemctl('netatalk', 'reload') File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/services.py", line 64, in systemctl return run_command([SYSTEMCTL_BIN, switch, service_name]) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py", line 104, in run_command raise CommandException(cmd, out, err, rc) CommandException: Error running a command. cmd = ['/usr/bin/systemctl', 'reload', 'netatalk']. rc = 1. stdout = ['']. stderr = ['Job for netatalk.service invalid.', '']

It is bothering you guys that i share the errors?

Maxime

Hello Maxime,

No, this is very helpful instead. I think it may be a systemd issue that can occur when the service has not been enabled first. Can you check whether the AFP service is enabled in System > Services?

Yes I didnt enabled the service first.
It’s working now!
Thank you!

In that case we may have a bug. It should perform a check and notify you when adding shares and the corresponding service is disabled.

@sfranzen Nice find.

I agree, do you fancy making an issue for this one?

@maxime Thanks for reporting this, definitely inelegant behaviour on Rockstor’s part, and welcome to the Rockstor community by the way.

@phillxnet Yes, I had started typing one already but got distracted by food and other things :wink:. Here it is:

1 Like

There is now a pull request that fixes the (both) issues you have stumbled upon:

It will be available in the next testing release after being pulled.