Referring to the AMD Neo, I believe you’re looking at the early Gen7 microservers, such as the N36L.
Rockstor should run on it, it’ll run on just about anything x86_64 based. some people here are using the somewhat higher powered Gen7’s, the N45L and N54L.
Note the following caveats
- Some of the more interesting Rockons (such as Plex Media Server) will struggle quite badly with a system of that low spec.
- BTRFS (the underlying filesystem Rockstor uses to store it’s data) is fairly CPU intensive in some operations, you may experience reduced disk performance with a system of that low spec.
I would suggest Gen8 Microservers myself, or a custom build.
My own system is probably over-powered, but I’m running:
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600
- 32Gb DDR4
- 1x 250Gb SATA SSD (Boot disk)
- 4x 4Tb rotating rust (WD)
- 4x 6Tb rotating rust (WD/Toshiba - don’t get Toshiba, had two fail on me in less than a week)