System describes an I/O error and Buffer I/O error

[Please complete the below template with details of the problem reported on your Web-UI. Be as detailed as possible. Community members, including developers, shall try and help. Thanks for your time in reporting this issue! We recommend purchasing commercial support for expedited support directly from the developers.]

Brief description of the problem

[Ok I installed the 15.5, 5.0.9.0 ver. There is no problem entering the UI through the browser but at the same time in the CLI interface at the machine with Rockstor installed, it is displayed some information describing some errors or so, I am a complete newbie with Rockstor and I am wondering what this means]

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

[As described above, this error description is shown after starting Rockstor and then entering the UI interface, by the way I have already tested the HDD, it is not in perfect state but has no critical damages.

]

Web-UI screenshot

[Drag and drop the image here]

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

[paste here]

Does your system contain a CDROM drive? sr0 could refer to that, or it could refer to a SCSI drive.

4 Likes

In fact mattyvau, mine is an old laptop with a CD-DVD unity. I tested it opening the tray and the display of errors stopped showing. Rockstor bears all unities into consideration however UI in the browser only shows the HDD and I didnt realize to figure out what dev designation meant, mea culpa. Thank you very much for helping me.

3 Likes

No worries, I haven’t seen sr0 in a while but knew of it from when I had a computer with a DVD drive.
On further checking, sr0 wouldn’t have been a SCSI hard drive and seems to be always used for some kind of optical drive.

3 Likes

@servitec Welcome to the Rockstor community forum.
Re:

Yes, the Web-UI just blanket ignores all CDROM type drives. We have no established mechanism to represent them within the Web-UI. But they are available as normal to the reset of the system.

@mattyvau Nice call. I often forget about cdroms. Also I had once access to a couple of zip drives that I was hoping to incorporate: but alas they are now gone! Probably for the best.

1 Like