Unable to check update

[Please complete the below template with details of the problem reported on your Web-UI. Be as detailed as possible. Community members, including developers, shall try and help. Thanks for your time in reporting this issue! We recommend purchasing commercial support for expedited support directly from the developers.]

Brief description of the problem

Today my rockstor install started giving me issues, it says there is a system error

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

All if have to do is click on system update.

Web-UI screenshot

[Drag and drop the image here]

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/command.py", line 195, in post return Response(update_check(subscription=subo)) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/pkg_mgmt.py", line 163, in update_check o, e, rc = run_command([YUM, 'changelog', date, pkg]) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py", line 115, in run_command raise CommandException(cmd, out, err, rc) CommandException: Error running a command. cmd = /usr/bin/yum changelog 2017-Jul-03 rockstor. rc = 1. stdout = ['Loaded plugins: changelog, fastestmirror', '']. stderr = ['', '', "Dateutil module not available, so can't parse dates", '']

@kysdaddy Welcome to the Rockstor community.

Well that’s weird as you appear to be missing a package. All my systems here have it. Very starnge. Way back this was an issue upstream where yum-changelog has a missing dependency on python-dateutil ie:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=674468

ie my systems respond thus:

yum list installed | grep dateutil
python-dateutil.noarch             1.5-7.el7                   @base

Try the following command as root:

yum install python-dateutil

There after you should be able to get updates. Was this a really old Rockstor install that you have kept updating? Bit strange that package is not installed.

Thanks for the report and let us know how you get on.

Thanks, I ended up reinstalling. Several times actually as I am the epitome of a newbie. The updates are working now but unfortunately I did not set the timezone correct on my last install and can’t find a way to change it. Am I going to have to reinstall again?

Chas

I figured it out timedatectl set-timezone America/New_York .
Thanks again

1 Like

@kysdaddy Hello again.

Glad you got your install sorted and the timezone all lined up nice now. Do you fancy popping in a note on your recent other thread

on the same. That way others searching the forum for the same will benefit from your answer there where the question is front and centre rather than hidden away in this thread.

Thanks again for the feedback and hope your Rockstor experience goes a little more smoothly from here on in.

You might find our docs of interest also: