Unable to update rockons list

Brief description of the problem

I am trying to update the list of available rockons but keep receiving an error.

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

Click the update button in the rockon screen.

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py”, line 41, in _handle_exception
yield
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py”, line 490, in _get_available
cur_res = requests.get(cur_meta_url, timeout=10)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py”, line 76, in get
return request(‘get’, url, params=params, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py”, line 61, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 530, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 643, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/adapters.py”, line 504, in send
raise ConnectTimeout(e, request=request)
ConnectTimeout: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘rockstor.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /rockons/scrutiny.json (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f4dd85e0a50>, ‘Connection to rockstor.com timed out. (connect timeout=10)’))

Thanks

Jonathan

Just to add, I’ve updated to 4.6.1.0 now and still get the following when trying to update the rockons screen:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py”, line 139, in post
self._create_update_meta(r, rockons[r])
File “/opt/rockstor/.venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/utils/decorators.py”, line 185, in inner
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py”, line 317, in _create_update_meta
handle_exception(Exception(e_msg), self.request)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/util.py”, line 48, in handle_exception
status_code=status_code, detail=e_msg, trace=traceback.format_exc()
RockStorAPIException: [‘Cannot add/remove volume definitions of the container (plex-linuxserver.io) as it belongs to an installed Rock-on (Plex). Uninstall it first and try again.’, ‘Traceback (most recent call last):\n File “/opt/rockstor/.venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gunicorn/workers/sync.py”, line 68, in run_for_one\n self.accept(listener)\n File “/opt/rockstor/.venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gunicorn/workers/sync.py”, line 27, in accept\n client, addr = listener.accept()\n File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/socket.py”, line 206, in accept\n sock, addr = self._sock.accept()\nerror: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable\n’]

@jonnieboyrevel im currently nowhere near a system, but which Rockons do you currently have installed? Looks like at least Plex?-
Could you temporarily uninstall that one and try the refresh again?

Hi,
Thanks for coming back to me. I think there may have been some corruption somewhere in my install. As I started looking through the different screens I got several errors.
I took it as a sign that it was time to upgrade to the more recent version and did a fresh install. I’ve reimported my data drives and all seems to be good again.
Thanks again for replying, it is appreciated.

2 Likes