Unknown internal error doing a POST to /api/sm/services/tailscaled/config

[Please complete the below template with details of the problem reported on your Web-UI. Be as detailed as possible. Community members, including developers, shall try and help. Thanks for your time in reporting this issue! We recommend purchasing commercial support for expedited support directly from the developers.]

Brief description of the problem

Unable to activate Tailscale services

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

Under Services, option of the ‘gear’ is selected and submitted using default settings and recieve error

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Hi @kyorke, and welcome!

To make sure I understand correctly: you opened the configuration window and when you clicked “Submit”, you see the error reported, is that correct?

This could be a number of things, but first, could you confirm whether you have installed the tailscale package? We’re currently in the testing phase for this feature so the package needs to first be installed by the user. We do plan on making Rockstor taking care of that soon (whether by pre installing it in our installers or by installing it on demand, etc…) but we’re unfortunately not there yet.
I somehow thought we had that specified in our docs (Services — Rockstor documentation) but it seems I was mistaken.

To verify, you could simply call:

sudo zypper lr --uri
sudo zypper info tailscale

If you do have it installed, then we can work on having a look at the logs and see what happens when you click the “Submit” button, but let’s first verify the package installation.

Hope this helps,

1 Like